When pondering on what to name my blog.... I thought & thought.... and the color yellow came to me!! A dear friend that has gone to be with the Lord (the color yellow that reminds US of her beautiful and bright smile) gave me the inspiration for the theme . In memory of a wonderful friend.
Brittany Shepard Pugh

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Life's Greatest Blessing

 I have been MIA for a couple of days.... busy preparing for a job interview and spending time with my new family for Easter. (missed you MOM, DAD, TUFF & CHLOE)

The Hubby and I had a wonderful Easter weekend with the family in Brewton!!!
We enjoyed a weekend full of fun and celebrations!

 Granny (J.Jay's Grandmother) celebrated her 80th Birthday!!! Granny is such a wonderful woman and has so much love to give. She was so excited to celebrate this special day with all of her children and grandchildren.

Granny and all the Grandchildren & "grandchildren-in-law" (haha if that is a word)

I just love this photo :) everyones smiling face and bright colors!!!



ALL the girls :)
Enjoyed a wonderful lunch to celebrate Easter as well!! 

CHECK OUT THAT SPREAD !!!
Sweet Potato Casserole, Deviled Eggs, Homemade Rolls, Dressing, Green Beans, Asparagus, Homemade Mac & Cheese,  and a YUMMY Honey Baked Ham :)


Stuffing our FACE :) 


ALL OF US!!!

I always wanted a BIG family. :) When we all together = 10 and now soon to be 11 :)
You can see PARKER is about to make his debut ... Sarah and Brad are expecting and I could not be more excited to be an AUNT!!!! Parker will be here for our annual beach trip in AUGUST to Seaside... Cannot wait




SWEETS

Look familiar? 

The PIGS! Everyone enjoyed these this weekend. They look a little rough after the ride to Brewton, but they still tasted good:)

Yummy! Miriam (my mother-in-law) made a delicious homemade Strawberry Cake

We all love Strawberry Cake... 
While I was living in Auburn, most every time that I would go to visit Brewton I would bring a Strawberry Cake from FINDLEY'S. 
***I need to get the recipe so that we can all enjoy***

Granny's beautiful BIRTHDAY CAKE



Saturday morning The Hubby and I went fishing at Paw's pond :)
 It was so peaceful and beautiful!! We caught 7 fish... and I was so proud of myself because I FINALLY caught the 1st fish!! I swear J.Jay has a secret communication with the fish... and he just sweet talks them to his bait...haha  
Some of you may know this, but J.Jay has caught an 11.6 pound bass and that is one of his most prized possessions. Because this was such a HUGE accomplishment he had this FISH mounted... and during the move one of his fins broke.... well he had "surgery" I guess what the men call repair :) but, he traveled back to Daphne with us this weekend and I was given strict instructions not to touch him ... not even my new Coach purse could ride next to him :) BOYS AND THEIR TOYS :) J. Jay told me that he would look great in our new living room, but I quickly told him NO... He looks much better in his office at work!!!
So all jokes aside... when we go fishing I guess I find myself becoming a little stingy when J. Jay always catches the BIGGEST fish. I make sure to tell him every time that it's just  not fair that he has already had his glory!  We always have a great time fishing together and I continue to learn from THE PRO :)

The first fish of the day :) caught by ME!!

The Hubby's Bass....  11.6 pounds



Unfortunately I do not have any photos from Easter morning... I hope that my mother-in-law will get some to me :)



As I mentioned before I am preparing for a job interview this week... :) I ask that each of you please keep me in your prayers! I know that God is working in my life and if this is a part of his plan then it will be DONE.  For I lean hard on God's word everyday and have found great strength over the past 2 months through these powerful words... 

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"  Jeremiah 29:11






1 comment:

  1. Great post of an amazing family! :) So glad you guys had a great Easter! I will be praying for you and your job interview. I will be in the same boat when I get home in June. Good luck and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete