When pondering on what to name my blog.... I thought & thought.... and the color yellow came to me!! A dear friend that has gone to be with the Lord (the color yellow that reminds US of her beautiful and bright smile) gave me the inspiration for the theme . In memory of a wonderful friend.
Brittany Shepard Pugh

Friday, April 1, 2011

Counting Them...Calories

Oven "Fried" Chicken Fingers w/ Honey Mustard Sauce


This is so easy!!! We had green beans as a side....  2 Chicken Fingers and Green Beans
only 200 calories... now that's what kind of meal I am talking about.



WHAT DO YOU NEED?


  • Sauce:
  • 1/4  cup  honey
  • 1/4  cup  spicy brown mustard
  • Chicken:
  • 1 1/2  pounds  chicken breast tenders (about 16 pieces)
  • 1/2  cup  low-fat buttermilk
  • 1/2  cup  coarsely crushed cornflakes
  • 1/4  cup  seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1  tablespoon  instant minced onion
  • 1  teaspoon  paprika
  • 1/4  teaspoon  dried thyme
  • 1/4  teaspoon  black pepper
  • 1  tablespoon  vegetable oil
Other:
Large ZipLock Bag




WHAT TO DO!

To prepare sauce, combine honey and mustard in a small bowl; cover and chill.
Preheat oven to 400°.
To prepare chicken, combine chicken and buttermilk in a shallow dish; cover and chill 15 minutes. Drain chicken, discarding liquid.
Combine cornflakes and next 5 ingredients (cornflakes through pepper) in a large zip-top plastic bag; add 4 chicken pieces to bag. Seal and shake to coat. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken. Spread oil evenly in a jelly-roll pan, and arrange chicken in a single layer in pan. Bake at 400° for 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with sauce.





The BEST homemade Honey Mustard Sauce!!!!!


YUMMY!!!




So I have to tell you all about this.... We are sitting on the couch reminiscing the 90's


J. Jay is such a music junkie (he can almost name any song before he even hears the first word... ALL THOSE YEARS IN A TRACTOR ...I assume ) and he is in shock that I have not heard most of the "top songs" from the  90's.   Although, we find it funny that I know all the Nsync, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, Spice Girls, Hanson and all those songs.... 


What's your favorite song from the 90's ??

2 comments:

  1. I haven't spent tons of time on a tractor, but I'm pretty good at naming songs. How? I don't know. Colby and I play the name game in the car {especially since I'm good at it}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you use whole wheat panko crumbs to cut even more calories?

    ReplyDelete