When pondering on what to name my blog.... I thought & thought.... and the color yellow came to me!! A dear friend that has gone to be with the Lord (the color yellow that reminds US of her beautiful and bright smile) gave me the inspiration for the theme . In memory of a wonderful friend.
Brittany Shepard Pugh

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Beach Fever

The Hubby and I are so blessed to live only 30 minutes from the beach :) but we have not had the time to go since we have moved in!! Beach trip is on our TO DO LIST!


I was looking through the photos on my computer and stumbled across some fun pictures that I want to share with you!!

I am sure most of you have heard of YOLO BOARDING


Well every year The Pitts family takes a week long beach trip to Seaside, FL (we love it there). My brother and sister-in-law (Scott & Stacy) introduced us all to YOLO BOARDING. They enjoyed Yolo Boarding on their honeymoon and they took us to the location this past year during the beach trip.

*YOLO BOARDING = "Stand Up Paddling" (SUP)
* YOLO = You Only Live Once

YOLO BOARD - CHECK IT OUT

As many of you know I love trying new things and the hubby is the same way... I was very excited when Scott and Stacy mentioned the idea. Once we got there and I saw exactly what we were doing..... well I am not going to lie I WAS NERVOUS....the thoughts were running through my mind.... "Oh there is no way I can balance on that thing"   "Now if I fall off what kind of crazy creature is going to get me"   "WHAT HAVE I GOT MY SELF INTO"   "You Only Live Once...what is that a warning or something"

Well needless to say I WAS WRONG and it is very easy to catch on as well as balance. They give you a lesson that is very helpful! Oh, and I almost forgot... NO CRAZY CREATURE GOT ME!!

I hope you enjoy these pictures and you should consider going YOLO BOARDING next time you are at the beach :)


Some of my sisters-in-law
(L - R)
Me, Lindsay & Stacy

See not so bad! You have got to try this... it is so relaxing, enjoyable & you get great exercise!!!






So now the fun begins :)
For all of you that know J. JAY well I just think this picture says it all :)
I believe he was racing everyone at this point... always keeping a smile on my face!!

haha... so I think he wore himself out & tried a different approach! 

So we both had to take a break and enjoy the sun!

US with Scott & Stacy!! Thanks for introducing this to us :)






So as I mentioned in a previous post... I have now have 3 brothers and a father-in-law!!! 
MEET THEM :)


BRENT

BRAD

SCOTT

JOEY (My Father-in-law)



I hope that if you have the opportunity to go YOLO BOARDING that you give it a try and I know that you will enjoy!!!



More Beach Fever :)

As I blogged in an earlier post... I am planning to do what I call a PHOTO MOSAIC on the wall in our bedroom... I had a neat idea as one of the frames to add and wanted to share it with you!!

A shabby chic white frame....

Lined with some natural burlap...

with a white star fish in the middle of the frame...


This just gives me the perfect vision of the BEACH... a vision of a star fish on the sand!!!! 
Like i mentioned before our room is decorated with whites and khaki for a cool, clean, what i like to call beach feeling :)


I CHALLENGE YOU!!!


In honor of my BEACH FEVER... I attempted and the BIG word being attempted cooking CRAB CAKES last night and needless to say I can mark that one off the list as a FAIL.   
J. Jay was so sweet and ate them anyway... even though I know they were terrible!!! 

I wanted to post the recipe and see if any of you are brave enough to attempt this :) and share with you a little secret that a friend suggested!! The issue was getting them to stick together...

1 pound lump crabmeat
8 saltine crackers, crushed
1 egg
1 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon greek yogurt (her recipe called for mayo, I was out)
pinch of cayenne pepper
salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoons olive oil
Combine all ingredients in a bowl except oil and stir until thoroughly combined. Heat a skillet on medium heat and add olive oil. While it’s heating, form the crab mixture into small patties – you will get about 5 to 6 cakes. Place them in the skillet and cook until lightly golden brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
*Caroline's helpful advice!!!  Use the skillet for only a few minuets and then bake them and they shouldn't fall apart! (Thanks SIS) 


ONE MORE THING!


Another thing that my sister-in-law STACY introduced to me! Last year on the beach trip she was reading this book and I just LOVED the cover and it sucked me in... I am proud of myself because I usually cannot stand to read but I am finding it to more enjoyable!!! So I have had this book a while and just not found some extra time to pick it up and read! I am about half way through and I would highly recommend it :) So if you are looking for a great book to read ... here you are!!! (This is a great one for pool side or laying on the BEACH :) Thanks STACY!



HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment