When pondering on what to name my blog.... I thought & thought.... and the color yellow came to me!! A dear friend that has gone to be with the Lord (the color yellow that reminds US of her beautiful and bright smile) gave me the inspiration for the theme . In memory of a wonderful friend.
Brittany Shepard Pugh

Monday, May 2, 2011

Our FIRST Visitor

The Hubby and I had our first visitor this weekend! We were so excited that one of my greatest friends BECKY came to enjoy a relaxing weekend in Daphne! 


As many of you know Becky is one of best friends and because of our BUSY lives we hardly get to see each other... We went from seeing each other almost everyday while in school at AUBURN to only seeing each other on "important" weekends. Becky is going to school (at Auburn University) to become an Audiologist  (hearing Doctor)... I always joke with her and call her DR. SNELL... :)

I was so excited when Becky called and said that she had a free weekend and wanted to come visit... She drove ALL the way from ATLANTA to DAPHNE... I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends.

Becky called me Friday morning to let me know she was on her way. I missed her 1st call, because I was in a job interview :) .... I called her back and we begin to make plans for the beautiful weekend we had in store. We had some time to catch up knowing that Becky was going to be in the car for a while.... She was so excited to tell me about someone FAMOUS that she met!!! Thinking back to when she first moved to Atlanta (Buckhead) I always would ask her, "So, have you seen anyone famous yet?" and she would always reply "NOT YET!" Well things had changed this past week..... Becky finally got to meet someone famous :)     MRS. ROSALYNN CARTER!!!! I was so jealous but excited for her. I think it would be a great opportunity to meet a former First Lady..... So I knew once Becky told me of her exciting week, our weekend could only get better .....


FRIDAY NIGHT

Friday night we enjoyed some delicious CRAWFISH with some great friends at R&R SEAFOOD   Me, J. Jay, Becky, Wes & Ashley (J. Jay's roommate from college and his girlfriend)  If you come to Baldwin County it is a must that you visit R&R (on the Causeway)  for some great seafood!



The Hubby and I love eating CRAWFISH!!! This reminds me of when we first started dating.... J.Jay had just moved to Daphne and was living on the Bay... We enjoyed the luxury of being able to walk down the pier and sit and enjoy a relaxing evening eating crawfish while watching the sun set over Mobile :) This picture just makes me smile because it reminds of the start of my WONDERFUL LIFE WITH MY BEST FRIEND AND HUSBAND!!!









SATURDAY 


Saturday morning we woke up to enjoy PANCAKES AND CONECUH SAUSAGE  :)
The Hubby usually knocks my idea about chocolate chip pancakes...but he finally tried them and loved them! I was so proud of myself because usually when I cook pancakes I make them to big or to thick....but, they turned out just RIGHT this time!!!





After breakfast Becky and I made our way to Orange Beach for the day for a relaxing girls day!!! We were blessed with the most beautiful weather...it was just perfect outside... hardly a cloud in the sky and a constant breeze in the air. The waves were HUGE on Saturday...as we laid there reading our books and taking breaks to discuss life and remember our greatly missed friend BRITTANY.... we relaxed to the sound of the waves!!







I highly recommend the books that we are reading!!! Once we picked up these books we were sucked in and it was so hard to put down. So if you are looking for a great book to read this summer while at the pool or at the beach then I would recommend either of these TWO books or any of the others written by this author.  We have decided that we will read all of her books.... we will switch books with each other during the summer... I am really looking forward to reading these books....because the 1st one that I have started is great and I can hardly put it down once I start reading!!!!

This is the book that I have started reading

This is the one Becky has started reading! 



After a relaxing day at the beach I cooked dinner for the 3 of us!!!

Homemade Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo

Grocery List
1 box of Bow tie pasta
1 12oz can of evaporated milk ( I use PET)
1 can of parmesan cheese
Butter
Chicken Tenders
Garlic Salt
Pepper
2 cups of broccoli
Olive oil

Directions

Cook the chicken tenders in a skillet on the stove with 3 tablespoons of olive oil & season with garlic salt and pepper to taste

Boil the pasta and drain it

Steam the Broccoli

Take the 12oz can of evaporated milk, 4 tablespoons of butter and 1 cup of parmesan cheese and heat on the stovetop until blended all together (make sure to keep this stirred because it sticks easily) I cook over medium heat.

* I try to start everything at one time and by the time the chicken and pasta are done your Alfredo Sauce will be thickened just right.

Once everything is done cooking pour the pasta in a bowl add the chicken and broccoli followed by the Alfredo sauce and then mix all together. I then sometimes add some extra parmesan cheese as well as mozzarella cheese onto for decoration.

ENJOY!!




To finish up a great day J.Jay, myself and Becky watched a great movie.... Now this is probably not a "FAMILY" movie if you know what I mean....but it was a really funny movie. I seriously cannot think of time during the movie that we were not laughing. If you just need a good laugh I highly recommend you watching this movie :)


Sunday

We all enjoyed the Sunday morning service at The Church On The Eastern Shore and then MEXICAN FOR LUNCH (a tradition that J. Jay and I have made & luckily Becky was all for the idea) 



J. Jay and I are so blessed to have Becky and we are so glad that she came to spend the weekend with us. I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend as well. 


Sunday morning at church we discussed PSALM 77 ... I recommend that each of you read it and truly study it and understand it!!! As I have been through a lot over this past year...this passage was great for me and has given me a lot of guidance on MOVING PAST THE PAIN!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You have to read Something Borrowed/Something Blue ASAP!
    Something Borrowed the movie comes out this week (I think)!! Love all of her books!
    Can't wait to see you next weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see you either... Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete