When pondering on what to name my blog.... I thought & thought.... and the color yellow came to me!! A dear friend that has gone to be with the Lord (the color yellow that reminds US of her beautiful and bright smile) gave me the inspiration for the theme . In memory of a wonderful friend.
Brittany Shepard Pugh

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Aunt Samantha :)

I am FINALLY an AUNT !!!


The Hubby and I enjoyed a wonderful Memorial Day weekend in Guntersville, AL with his brother Brad and his wife Sarah. We spent the weekend welcoming our nephew, enjoying the beautiful sites of Guntersville, grilling out, and just relaxing :)


As many of you may know I am the only child. I  always wondered if I would ever have the opportunity to become an aunt and now thanks to my husbands 3 brothers and their wives I will :) I am beyond excited about having a nephew and cannot wait to have even more ( and some nieces:) so that I can spoil them!!!


Parker Travis Rhodes 
So Handsome!!!  7lbs & 13oz

Proud Uncle J.Jay :) 
I know that they will be the best of friends and J.Jay will teach Parker all the things about being a boy (if you know what I mean :) haha
*** I was so excited to hold Parker all weekend that I didn't even get a photo with him***
He loves the swing... He is so good during the day! Sleeps and sleeps :) He is adjusting to getting his sleep schedule situated! 


Welcome Home!!! Isn't this so cute :)


Brad & Sarah's house is absolutely beautiful! (thought you might enjoy seeing where we spent the weekend)  It has the most perfect view of Lake Guntersville and you can look out the front windows every afternoon and enjoy the sunset... then on the other side of the house you look out the back window and can enjoy another beautiful view. . . . . just wait and see!!! 

*ignore my car*
I just couldn't resist adding this picture... The hubby and I just feel in love with their house! 
Do they have great taste or what????

Front VIEW :)

Back VIEW!!! 
SEE WHAT I MEAN??
How beautiful is that. . . . we were all sitting in the living room talking and J.Jay says "hey, there is a deer in the back yard" . . . . I get a bit excited about views like this because NEVER could I have looked out my back window and seen this :) J.Jay and Brad grew up seeing this often, but I just couldn't miss this picture perfect moment. 



For all of you who are expecting a child or one day plan too I thought that you might enjoy a few photos of Parker's nursery! I just love the Nautical theme :)


These pictures are a little different..... I just got a new camera that has a fish eye lens and this was an experiment... as you can tell I have lots to learn :)  



Brad also took J. Jay and I on a tour of Guntersville. We went to the State Park and it was beautiful and has an amazing view. . . . unfortunately I did not have my camera with me at this time so I could not take pictures of all the damage from the tornados, but I must say that it is a whole lot worse in person. Guntersvilles is a beautiful place and despite the devastation it is still a beautiful place to visit.
 I believe somewhere that even should put on their list of places to visit :)






New Recipe!!!

Chicken Enchilada Dip

Ingredients:
3 cans chicken - Small (6oz)
1 pack taco seasoning
1 can green chills (chopped fine) - Small (4oz)
8 ounces sour cream
2 globs mayonnaise
1 package Mexican shredded cheese (16oz)

Instructions:
Mix all together
Maybe served cold or hot - by baking just until cheese melts
Served with chips 
ENJOY!!


This is one of my new favorites and it is delicious!!!! Perfect for tailgating!!!! 





I want to share this with you...... for anyone who is struggling or spending a lot of energy trying to figure things out!

The peace that God gives us transcends our intellect. When most of our mental energy goes into efforts to figure things out, we are unable to receive his glorious gifts. He looks into our mind and sees our thoughts spinning round and round: going nowhere, accomplishing nothing. All the while, his peace hovers over us, searching for a place to land. 
Be still in his presences, inviting him to control your thoughts. Let his light soak into your mind and heart, until you are aglow with his very Being. This is the most effective way to receive his peace!

JOB 22:21  "Summit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you" 

This is just another reassuring way that God has let us know he will ALWAYS take care of us!!! So powerful and amazing :)


I hope that everyone has a blessed week!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Their house is beautiful! Parker looks like a little man. He is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on becoming an Aunt!! That is such an exciting time and he is soooo CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on becoming an Aunt Samantha!! Your nephew Parker is such a cutie! I'm glad ya'll had a great weekend! LOVE their house!

    ReplyDelete