When pondering on what to name my blog.... I thought & thought.... and the color yellow came to me!! A dear friend that has gone to be with the Lord (the color yellow that reminds US of her beautiful and bright smile) gave me the inspiration for the theme . In memory of a wonderful friend.
Brittany Shepard Pugh

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"My-My Key Lime Pie"

This past weekend the Hubby and I went to Brewton for the weekend. We enjoyed a wonderful Auburn Themed "Tailgate & Celebrate" engagement party for our friends Jeff & Kim. I was so disappointed that I didn't take any pictures, but we were just having too much fun catching up with our friends and the details of the wedding!


This weekend was very relaxing for us. . . .  We enjoyed spending the weekend at THE CABIN!! J.Jay's parents have built this quant little cabin on their land and I absolutely love spending the weekend there. Who can complain when you walk in and all your dreams come true and you have some how morphed into the Restoration Hardware/Pottery Barn magazine. . . . It is a vacation home at home. . . . I guess the new saying for that is "STAY-CATION." Next time we visit I will be sure to take pictures!!!


Sunday, after Church we enjoyed a delicious home cooked southern meal and to top it off with a
KEY LIME CAKE!!!  I have never really cared for Key Lime flavored deserts, but this is one that is a must. 


Key Lime Cake
Ingredients for Cake:
1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 (3 ounce) package lime flavored gelatin mix
3/4 cup orange juice

Ingredients for Icing:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
3 tablespoons  fresh lime juice
4 cups confectioners' sugar
                 or
you can use Cool-Whip



Directions:
1. Combine  cake mix, gelatin mix, oil eggs and orange juice. Pour into three 8 inch cake pans (or any other cake pan that you prefer). Bake according to instructions on box. Allow to cool, then frost
2. To make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add lime juice and confectioners sugar. Mix well.

****my mother-in-law served this cake cold***** must I say it made it even more delicious because it was so hot out side :)

YOU MUST TRY THIS!!!!





New Vision. . . . . Let me know what you think!

So as I was reading and reading and did I mention reading ALL afternoon ONE BLOG. . . . . I stumbled across this picture and it is exactly what I have been imagining. This is most certainly going to the top of my TO HAVE LIST!

I have the perfect spot for this. . . . on the wall near our breakfast bistro table accented with black and white damask seat cushions. . . . . .  can't you just imagine it!

ERASE: the red wall, the mirror and other decor & you have "THE" piece of furniture  
IT'S EVEN SHABBY CHIC  

HINT HINT Hubby if you are reading this!!!! haha

Accompanied by this hardware!! 
(compliments of Anthropologie.com) 



I need your HELP!!! I have entered a contest to win a page in the magazine Alabama Weddings Magazine to show everyone all about our special day!

*On FACEBOOK please add Alabama Weddings Magazine as a friend!! 
*Then go to the photo album titled : AWM On-Line Real Wedding Feature Contest Photo Gallery
*Look for our picture.  Samantha & Jonathan Pitts
*Click the like button on the photo (by doing this you are voting for our photo to win) 
* ALSO,  please click on the link listed below the photo (it's a blog) and submit your vote there as well 

As many of you know our wedding was such a special time for J.Jay and I and a true reflections of God's powerful work and love. It was one last time that all of us friends could spend with our dear friend BRITTANY.... It would be a wonderful memory for all of us to have our time spent together documented and let everyone know how Brittany touched the world! Also, having the memories of our wedding and love documented in this magazine would be a dream come true for us. 

I would greatly appreciate your vote and PLEASE spread the word to ALL YOUR FRIENDS!!!! 


I hope that everyone has a wonderful week!!!







2 comments:

  1. You are definitely going to have to take pictures of the cabin! I can't wait to see =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The key lime cake Looks awesome. I expect you to make me and Dad one when you come home. LOVE THE WINE TABLE RACK.

    ReplyDelete