When pondering on what to name my blog.... I thought & thought.... and the color yellow came to me!! A dear friend that has gone to be with the Lord (the color yellow that reminds US of her beautiful and bright smile) gave me the inspiration for the theme . In memory of a wonderful friend.
Brittany Shepard Pugh

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Continued Vacation ...

.........One of my most favorite things about Seaside is that all the homes have names!!! We always enjoy ridding around the community on our bikes and looking at the names of the homes and where the owners are from.

This is the house that we always rent for a week!!! 
"Just In Thyme"
located on Thyme street in Seaside, FL
( I know this may sound corny but I like to think of it as vacation is Just In Thyme...) 
PS. you can find this in VRBO.COM if you are ever interested 



On Sunday we attended church at the Seaside Chapel! It is so beautiful and pleasant inside..... 
(for all you ladies that dream of a beach wedding and still want the traditional chapel experience.... keep this in  mind for your ceremony and then have your reception on the beach)





Going to eat at Louis Louis :)




You have to check out the SPREAD that the girls prepared our last night!!! We decided to stay in and have a relaxing night! 
*Shrimp *Corn on the cob *Potatoes *Italian Bread
(I must admit that this was my first attempt with the FISH EYE LENS on my new camera. I have to continue to study this function, but I know that it is beneficial in capturing larger spaces)




To top off our fun night at our home away from home, we enjoyed a fun game of 
 APPLES TO APPLES

Everyone needs this game at their house!!! 





We all had a "family portrait" made the night we took our big group family photo!! 
J.Jay and Myself 

Scott & Stacy

Brent, Lindsay & Lucas 

Brad, Sarah & Parker

Joey & Miriam 




The rest of our enjoyable week was spent relaxing on the beach or by the pool, shopping & just spending time with each other. Although, I did begin reading a wonderful book the first day of vacation and just finished it a couple of nights ago. . . .  ladies this book is a MUST!!! 










Onto the REAL LIFE... after vacation.....

This weekend we enjoyed a relaxing weekend at home watching the Auburn game and I made some delicious Santa Fe Soup and I thought that I would share the recipe with you all!!! This is a must and very easy especially with fall coming up!

Santa Fe Soup


1-1.5 lb ground beef (cooked)
1 pkg ranch dressing mix
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can black beans  (undrained)
1 can pinto beans  (undrained)
1 can kidney beans (undrained)
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 can chili-ready tomoatoes (used diced tomatoes if you can't find the chili-ready)
1 can niblets corn 
Mix all ingredients, add about 1 - 1 1/2 cans of water
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and cook for 30 min.

Top with cheese, sour cream, and serve with tortilla chips (optional).



ENJOY!!! 












No comments:

Post a Comment