When pondering on what to name my blog.... I thought & thought.... and the color yellow came to me!! A dear friend that has gone to be with the Lord (the color yellow that reminds US of her beautiful and bright smile) gave me the inspiration for the theme . In memory of a wonderful friend.
Brittany Shepard Pugh

Saturday, July 9, 2011

What have we been up to?

Unfortunately I have abandoned my blog once again. . . .  We have been so busy!!! I hope that I don't bore you all but I figured that I would let you all know what we have been up to.


Weekend with Parker!!
I finally got a picture with my nephew!!!

PARKER!  He is getting so big :) 


Aunt Samantha and Uncle J.Jay . . .  we are so proud!!! 


The cat at J.Jay's parents had babies and I could not get over how beautiful his eyes are :) 


July 4th!!

We enjoyed a fun night with friends at the Mobile Bay Bears vs. Montgomery Biscuits game!! I had never been to a Bay Bears game so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was very impressed and we all had a great time :)


Justin, Brooke, their baby Parker, Robert, Lena, Ryan, Cindy, J.Jay and Myself enjoying the game! 

This was Parker's first baseball game and Brooke had the cutest baseball outfit for him:) 


We had great seats!! If you have never been to a Bay Bears game you should go. We will definitely take more advantage of such a good baseball team being so close to us!!!

       



Fireworks!!

We got to spend some time with our friends Wes & Ashley. (Wes was J.Jay's college roommate) I know that he was glad to have a break from studying for his Pharmacy Boards!!

We enjoyed a delicious dinner at STIX (my favorite Japanese restaurant)  on Saturday night !!

Then on Monday night the 4 of us headed over the bay to the Battleship to watch fireworks:) I had never been to the battleship for fireworks and had no idea that so many people would be there to watch..... while driving on the causeway we saw tons of people parking on the side of the road to watch . . . . and we thought hey that would be great idea, because we wouldn't get stuck in the traffic. . . .  boy were we wrong!!! We were stuck in traffic heading the wrong way for at least an hour.  The fireworks were great, but I believe next year we well go to Fairhope and watch them from the pier :)




FINALLY!!!

We finally found the perfect chairs for our back porch!!! I have been looking and looking for these chairs . . . . . come to find out my husband stumbles upon them instead:)  

Chairs:  JCPenny's  $29.99  ( of all places)
Pillows: World Market $17.00  

I am in love with these pillows and they also have tons of other outdoor decor with this print!! 
CHECK IT OUT


I NEED YOUR ADVICE!!!
I need to plant something. . .  what do you suggest? I am not good with flowers!! Something that can take lots of sunshine and heat!!


Only to make our weekend complete!!

Some of you make think this is silly. . . . but watermelon plays such a big part of my life. I wont go into a long story, but for those of you who don't know. . .  I worked for the Watermelon Association traveling all over promoting locally grown watermelon and the nutritious benefits and experienced a life changing year!!! I will  forever be thankful and I know it was what shaped me into the person I am today. I am so thankful for the opportunity to meet so many amazing people, see the world and grow and learn so much. 

So of course our weekend would not be complete without a delicious locally grown watermelon from Cassebaum Farms!!! 


Such a great picture with my new camera!!!

beautiful & even more delicious




More to come!!!! Have a great rest of the weekend!


3 comments:

  1. So...I don't know if it's too late to plant them or not, but every spring I go ahead and plant begonias in my front porch planters. I DO NOT like to water plants, and I never water these. Ever! The sun bakes them all afternoon, and they're just as full as they can be. You wouldn't believe how big they have gotten since I planted them in the spring.

    Looks like you guys have had a great summer so far! I've been slacking in the blogging department, too. Don't give up on me yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look into those!!! We have had a great summer, but cannot believe how quickly time is passing.... we still need to make plans to go tubbing before the summer is up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that baby boy. He is beautiful. By the way you are doing great with your photography. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete